The post office also issued a series of special stamps consisting of 3 denominations with a surcharge of 56 fils for the benefit of the flood victims. The stamp image was designed by Sándor Légrády.
The 20+50-filer denomination was put into circulation on May 19, 1940, valid until June 30, 1940, 220.468/3. s. by decree (P.R.T. 1940/20, no.), the 10+2 and 20+4 filaire denominations were introduced on May 27, 1940, with validity until July 31, 1940, in the 221.564/3. s. by decree (P.R.T. No. 1940/21).
The 2.0+50-filer denomination was sold only in Budapest 1, 2, 3, 4, 7,
10, 62, 72, 112, 114, Debrecen 1, Kassa 1, Pécs 1, Sopron 1 and Szeged 1. post offices, as well as an occasional post office operating from May 19 to 23, 1940, at the scene of the stamp exhibition organized by the National Association of Hungarian Amateur Stamp Collectors, in Vigado, Pest, providing two stamps to each customer in exchange for an entrance ticket at the scene of the stamp exhibition.
The 10+2 and 20+4 filaire denominations were sold in unlimited quantities by all post offices and the Stamp Sales Office.
Copy number. The 20+50-filer denomination was issued in 200,000 copies, all of which were sold out.
The issuing decree set the number of copies of the 10+2-filer denomination at 1,500,000, and the number of copies of the 20+4-filer denomination at 1,000,000.